City Tour Lima
1 Day from $ USD 100.00
City Tour Lima
City Tour Lima
Lima, is the capital of Peru, also known as “City of Kings”, for its colonial architecture, is a mixture of antiquity with modernity, in which we can find various tourist activities, which we can enjoy to the fullest.
Creativity and flavors a wonderful proposal of inputs and 10 million limeños proud of their cuisine, which is the result of this great combination, Lima has become the gastronomic capital of Peru and Latin America, Tourists from around the world come to this city come to this city to know the Peruvian cuisine and taste and try their authentic dishes an explosion of flavors, colors and aromas, Welcome to Lima the capital of Peru is constantly moving the historic center is an architectural jewel its colonial buildings will make you travel in time.
In Lima the sea is part of the landscape, the beaches are an oblique stop for surfers and ocean lovers. Districts like Barranco constantly attract tourists for its colorful streets, for the tradition that is breathed in every corner and for its location.
At present the city of Lima has become one of the most preferred destinations in this part of the continent, to know the Peruvian Culture and its Gastronomy is one of the main reasons why one visits the city of Lima, along with this is to make a short trip to the “Paracas National Reserve”, Sandboarding in the Huacachina (Ica City) and finally make a flight over the Nazca Lines.
For this reason it is important for every traveler to take a Lima City Tour with a reliable and safe travel agency.
“Come and enjoy the city of Lima and its charm”.
CITY TOUR LIMA
You will be picked up from your hotel and first taken to the remains of two pre-Inca sites, Naupallaqta, dating from the fourth century called Sacred Town by the Incas and Huaca Huallmarca a pyramid which is typical for pre-Inca constructions along the Peruvian Coast.
From here you will be taken to the Historical Downtown area of Lima which includes the Plaza San Martín with the statue of the Liberator of the same name, the Main Square and the surrounding buildings like the Cathedral, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Presidential Palace, Town Hall, the Desamparados train station from where “the highest train journey in the world” leaves, and the Colonial-style houses with their balconies along the old streets Lima.
In the old center we visit two buildings, the Museum of the Banco Central de Reserva where there is beautiful collection objects made from silver, gold, ceramics and textiles. This is all pre-Columbian which means from before the Spanish arrived. The second building we visit in the historical center is the San Francisco Convent. Here we find a good collection of Colonial Art. We also visit the Choir Hall and the Monks’ Library and the visit in the convent finishes with a visit to the Catacombs.
The City tour takes you now from the Historical Center to the modern suburbs of San Isidro where there is the Golf Club and Olive Park and to Miraflores where there is the brand new Larco Mar shopping /entertainment complex and from where there are very beautiful views over the Pacific Ocean.
What activities and places to visit when visiting Lima, Paracas, Ica and Nazca?
- City tour in Lima
- Cathedral of Lima
- City of Caral
- Historic Center of Lima
- Main Square
- San Francisco Convent
- Shopping in Gamarra
- Food, Wine and nightlife,
- Paragliding in Costa Verde.
- Catacombs of Lima.
- Swimming with sea lions at San Lorenzo Island.
- Surfing in Costa Verde
- Love Park
- San Cristobal Hill
- Huaca Pucllana
- Larco Museum
- Peruvian Paso Horse
- Culinary Tours in Lima
- Water Park
- Green Coast
- Peruvian Gastronomy
- The Pisco Route
- Overflight in the Nazca Lines
- Paracas National Reserve.
- Tours in Huacachina
- Sandboarding in Huacachina (Ica).
What to do in Lima?
- Visit the Exposition Park and the Magic Circuit of the Waters.
- Walk along the Malecon from Miraflores to Barranco.
- Take the craft beer tour of Lima.
- Swim with sea lions in the Palomino Islands.
- Take the tour in the (real) Abtao Submarine.
- Try a pan con chicharron (pork rind bread).
- Walk all along Larco Avenue.
- Go to the stand-up comedy shows in Barranco.
- Visit the Bridge of Sighs.
- Walk around the Miraflores Lighthouse and go paragliding.
- Stroll through El Olivar Park.
- Walk through Kennedy Park and eat a combo (rice pudding and mazamorra).
- Go to eat at a “chifa” (Peruvian-Chinese fusion cuisine).
- Go to the MALI – Museum of Art of Lima.
- Visit the MATE museum of the famous Peruvian photographer Mario Testino.
- Visit the Larco Herrera Museum.
- Take the tour to the Catacombs.
- Stroll around the Plaza Mayor in downtown.
- Visit the MAC (Museum of Contemporary Art) in Barranco.
- Take surfing lessons at Makaha beach.
- Visit the Huaca Pucllana (site museum).
- Visit the Fortaleza Real Felipe Military Museum in El Callao.
- Watch the Changing of the Guard (on horseback) at the Government Palace (Presidential house/office).
- Eat grilled chicken.
- Visit the Plaza de Barranco and its lively nightlife.
- Visit the Mirador de Barranco and La Bajada de Baños.
- Visit Capon Street in Chinatown.
- Taste the butifarras and churros in Kennedy Park.
- Visit the Cross of Chorrillos that can be seen from any point of the Malecon at night.
- Stroll along the Jiron de La Union.
- Go to La Herradura Beach.
- Taste the tamales (pork and chicken tamales).
- Visit the Gold Museum.
- Visit the Cathedral of Lima.
- Visit the Bioferia de Miraflores on Saturdays.
- Taste the chicha morada (soft drink) and chicha de jora (fermented).
- Take a bike tour in Miraflores.
- Visit the Presbitero Maestro Cemetery.
City tour in Lima
There are different types of tourist activities that we can find and perform in the city of Lima, for example, the “City tour in Lima” is a classic that every traveler must perform, where we visit the Plaza Mayor of Lima, the Cathedral of Lima, the Church of San Francisco, the catacombs and see the beautiful old mansions, we can enjoy the tasty culinary food based on seafood dishes from the Peruvian coast.
Plaza Mayor: (Colonial Lima) in the main square of Lima you can appreciate more than fifty monuments, colonial buildings and highlighting the Paseo de la Republica, Plaza San Martin, and Plaza Mayor in this beautiful place we will observe the Cathedral, Government Palace and the Municipal Palace as well as the visit to the San Francisco Monastery and its Catacombs.
Huaca Pucllana Pyramid: (Ancestral Lima) Also called the great pyramid you can appreciate a panoramic view in the Huaca Pucllana, pre-Inca temple of the IV century A.D. This pyramid has 7 platforms, and on each platform has an L-shaped square, it is very striking how it was built.
Monastery of San Francisco and Catacombs: Under the church of San Francisco in the city of Lima, there is a catacomb in which are deposited the bones of an estimated 70,000 people, some of them arranged in a decorative way. These catacombs were rediscovered in 1943 and it is believed that they may be connected through subway passages with the cathedral and other local churches, a unique experience for all visitors.
Museo del Banco Central de Reserva: Visit the Museo del Banco Central de Reserva, admiring the display of ancient Peruvian cultures, with a select exhibition of objects from the Oro Cohen collection.
The museum has three exhibition areas, the archeology room, where you will find ceramics, textiles, gold and wood pieces from the Vicus, Moche, Chancay, Inca, Lambayeque, Nazca, Chimu and Chavin cultures.
The Manuel Moreyra Loredo Art Gallery, where different tendencies, schools and techniques of Peruvian painters of the XIX, XX and XXI centuries can be found.
The Popular Arts Room where textiles, cloaks, flasks, ceramics, and other items representing the different regions of Peru are displayed.
Modern Lima (Contemporary): Visit the most traditional residential areas of Lima, El Olivar de San Isidro, Miraflores and Larco Mar where we can enjoy a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean.
After a full day of activities and visiting the different places, you can enjoy an exquisite dinner.
Note: *Museum of the Central Reserve Bank, closed to the public Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Monday closed all day.
Thank you for your interest in having an adventure travel experience in Peru operated by South Winds Peru. Please take a moment to complete our short form so that one of our friendly adventure consultants can provide you with all the information for the best trip of your life in Peru.
Why Choose South Winds Peru
WHY TRAVEL WITH US
THE BEST TREKKING EXPERIENCE IN PERU
OUR TREKKING TEAM
WE GUARANTEE THE BEST OF YOUR TRIPS
WE BELIEVE IN SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL WELFARE
OUR CAMPING TEAM
YOU WILL ENJOY THE BEST ANDEAN NIGHTS